Announcing the new Picaboo Editor
It’s been a long time coming, but our new project editor based on the latest HTML5 and related internet standards is here! Our goal is to bring the same easy to use tools with as little change as possible. Why make the change, you ask? Well, it’s because Adobe is no longer supporting the underlying technology known as Flash. As of December 31st, 2020, Adobe has pulled the plug. See Adobe’s Official Announcement to learn more about it:
Picaboo–and the industry as a whole–support this move because of the superior features, performance, and security of HTML5 and related technologies which are now the industry standard.
Will my old projects work in the new editor?
Your old Flash projects can be converted, but the project’s images have to come out of the archived and be reviewed to see if they work with the new editor. Once the project conversion begins, it takes some time before it is ready for you to preview, edit and order it.
Will my project look the same after upgrading from Flash?
The project might not look the same after upgrading it, so it is crucial to review every page and make adjustments if needed before placing your order.
How do I create a new project in Picaboo Editor?
To create a new project, go to New Project. Find a product from the list and click it.
What are the system requirements for using Picaboo Editor?
All you need is a modern browser. Learn more about our system requirements and recommended browsers here.
Can I use Picaboo Editor on my mobile device?
You can create and order products from your mobile device using a web browser without the need of an app.
New text editor
Get to typin’! The new text editor makes it easier to find and try different fonts. Choose your font colors from our new color picker.
New photo filters
Move over Instagram! You can choose from 25+ beautiful photo filters. Adjust the focus of your photo with radial and linear photo blurring.
Sssstretch out. You now can expand the view of all your available photos for easier photo management.
New project library
Your projects are now at www.picaboo.com/my-projects. Now you can sort and filter your project list.
What else is new and improved?
- Improved Photo Book, Card, Canvas and Poster editors
- Improved text editor with built in spell checker
- Improved photo editing and cropping
- Improved page zooming for editing up close
- Improved page management
- Improved photo management
- Improved spell check
- Improved book style selector
- Improved color swatches
- New option to convert two facing pages to a spread so photos and other objects can layout across the gutter
- New option in the Card editor to mix and match any of our front, inside and back pre-made designs
- New option to preview how your project will trim at different printed sizes
- New option to drag and drop photos from your computer into your project
Need more help? Contact support